Friday, September 08, 2006

TV: Big Brother All Stars (CBS)

So it has finally come down to these two: Erika and Mike "Boogie".

I am so furious with this outcome that I've decided to boycott the show from now on. Neither of them are even worthy of being in All Stars, much less winning. A friend of mine told me he wouldn't watch next year if Mike "Boogie" won this time around. I have to agree that it's no longer worthy of my eyes, either way.

Erika was instrumental in riding everyone else's coat tails throughout the game. She lied to people's faces, betrayed her best ally, and even resorted to a showmance with Mike to cement her position. Mike "Boogie" was a member of the "Chill Town" alliance, which consisted of himself and the evil Dr. Will. Although I give kudos to Chill Town for bouncing back from overwhelming odds, I have to give the real credit to Dr. Will for being the catalyst in most of the strategy involved. Mike was a hanger-on for the majority of the show, barely managing to squeek out a couple of wins, the last of which made him this week's Head of Household, thereby giving him the power to eliminate the true All Star of Big Brother, Janelle. Hell, even Dr. Will deserved it more than either of these two shlubs.

I can no longer give praise to a show that fosters so much deceit and outright backstabbing. Celebrating the ability to betray someone is not really entertainment worth watching.

No comments: