Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Website: Sharpcast

Found this website via a clip left by Funana on Clipmarks. Upload all your photos, back them up, sync them between computers, edit them, share albums with friends and family.

5 GB of free space.

This could be the Flickr killer. I uploaded my entire My Pics folder (with all pics in their original size) and still have more than 75% available space. According to Funana's clip: "The instant you drag your photos into Sharpcast Desktop Organizer, it begins to back them up. And if you make changes to your photos and albums, all your changes are backed up as you work. This happens automatically. And you can always choose whether you want to backup your photos at a compressed size or at their original resolution." Supposedly, this will backup images in albums you have shared with others as well.

About the only negative thing I've noticed about this service is a lack of ability to tag my pics. But considering this site is really for backing up and syncing photos between computers and the web, I suppose I don't really need that feature.

[Sharpcast]

No comments: