Friday, February 02, 2007

Having Technical Difficulties

You might have noticed I haven't been posting much lately. My computer seems to have gotten bricked by a particularly nasty trojan. I've tried everything, and I do mean everything, short of just re-formatting the hard disk and re-installing Windows.

Shortly after booting up, my computer loads my personal settings, then hangs eternally, showing my background of Banksy art (incidentally, I never knew he was so prolific).

Fortunately, my information has been sufficiently backed up. Now I just need to wait for the system disk to be shipped from eMachines. I won't even go into that. Suffice it to say, I'm paying $20 for a disk that should have been included with my machine when I bought it.

I've had Shaman (my desktop -- yes, I name my computers. I'm a dork) for around 2-3 years now, so I'm not surprised it finally had a mental breakdown. Fortunately, I'm not in the middle of any major projects.

And in a stroke of luck, my awesome fiance recently bought me a brand spanking new laptop (who I have christened Noirling). It was just in the nick of time, evidently; but it's not so simple to type on a laptop. I have to admit, I'm spoiled by my Microsoft ergonomic keyboard. Typing on a flat keyboard just seems alien to me now.

In any event, I should be back up and running within the next week or so, but will be posting sporadically until then.

-The Noir

No comments: