Monday, October 16, 2006

Cleanser Looks Like Sports Drink

Over on Agenda, Inc. they have a story about how a number of people have accidentally swallowed a cleanser thinking it's actually a sports drink.

Just a couple of years ago, I saw a stack of this stuff in the Hillsboro, Oregon KMart (Don't ask. I was there on business). Anyway, this stuff was sitting in the middle of the aisle, low to the ground, not far from the toy section. I brought it to the attention of one of the managers, who became irate with me when I mentioned that someone might accidentally drink it by mistaking it for soda. He said: "Well, that stuff is in the cleaning section too!"

I told him, "Hey, it's not like I'm making a big deal of this to be a jerk. This is as much for KMart's protection as it is for the children who might drink it." Another manager clearly understood what I was saying and told me he would make sure to move the items right away. Not sure if it was ever done, but I like to think I may have saved some kid from internal chemical burns and possible death, nevertheless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And in the process you helped Darwin from taking another stab at somebody who may be thinning the human gene pool.