Thursday, October 26, 2006

How To Iron a Shirt Collar with a Hair Straightener

Lifehacker has long been one of my favorite blogs. One of their favorite things to do is present simple aids for living and something they call the MacGyver Tip, in which they use a peculiar method to solve a common problem. Today's post features How to Iron Shirt Collars with a Hair Straightener. Not only is it an ingenious solution, but I wonder why someone hasn't marketed a conventional hair straightener as a collar iron?

Recently, I discovered that using a hair dryer is an easy way to defog your mirror after a morning shower. Some people might consider it odd that it's taken me 35 years to figure this out, but I've never had much hair, and therefore, have never needed to use a hair dryer. That, and I'm not too bright, obviously!

A few years ago, while travelling with a young co-worker on an insurance sales gig, I showed him how to keep his clothes from wrinkling by hanging them in a steamy bathroom after a shower. He declared me a god from that day forward.

No comments: