Thursday, January 11, 2007

TV: The Apprentice: LA (NBC)

The world's worst toupee is back! This time he's doing his thing in the world's sanitarium: Los Angeles. Though the show has gone all bi-coastal by moving to the west coast, it's essentially the same show, with just a couple of new twists. This time, the losing teams are forced to camp outside, in a tent, with a makeshift shower and camping kitchen. Apparently, the added hardship is supposed to build tension, somehow. Also, the winning team's Project Manager now has the privilege of sitting in the boardroom while the Trump fires someone. These are interesting changes to the show, but I wonder if the new change in the game will be too difficult to overcome for the losing team.

This week's fired Apprentice:

Martin, the eccentric, southern, professor, attorney.

Meanwhile, it's clear that this cat isn't gonna win. Chalk it up to hair envy:


I do wonder if the bad ratings for the Apprentice:LA are due to a lack of interest in the show or because of bad marketing? I am a huge fan and I didn't even know it was on this last Sunday night (9PM, ET/PT). Fortunately for me, I was able to set my DVR to record it when it's broadcast on another channel Monday night. I set up the series recording to keep me on track from here on out. There appear to be some heavy hitters this time around, and the cast consists of plenty of hotness. Can't wait to see the beach challenge.... At least who gets fired that day shouldn't come as too much of a surprise, after Trump gets a view of their nearly naked bodies bikini-clad carcasses.

No comments: